Article: Lee Min-woo’s suspected sexual harassment of two women withdraw complaints → denial → CCTV discovery → prosecution
Shinhwa’s Lee Min-woo could be facing up to 10 years in prison for sexual harassment.
According to an interview with a lawyer on KBS2TV’s ‘Entertainment Weekly’ broadcast on the 19th, discovery of CCTV footage in the alleged sexual harassment of the two women could put the singer behind bars for a long time.
The lawyer stated, “In the past, these allegations were only prosecuted if forced extortion could be proven but now all sexual offenses can be investigated and prosecuted. If Lee Min-woo is found guilty in court, especially after CCTV discovery, it’s possible that a sentence of up to 10 years in prison and a fine of up to 15 million won (~$13,000) may be imposed.”
Earlier, the Shinhwa member was accused of was accused of forcibly kissing and groping two women without consent at a bar on June 29th. During police investigation, Lee Min-woo denied the incident as “a misunderstanding from a show of playfulness and joke gone too far” and the women withdrew their complaints, but when the police continued to investigate, they found CCTV footage that proved otherwise.
The case has been forwarded to prosecution pending court sentencing.
- [+193, -5] Seriously what kind of reporter wrote this!…why aren’t writing the fact that he grabbed their cheeks, forced kisses on them and groped them in secret?..what about the fact that the women refused it..why only the cctv result.. ugh~
- [+85, -6] He still thinks he’s an idol from the 90s and can do whatever he wants. You’re over 40yrs old…times have changed!
- [+54, -0] The deposit is complete but the proof remains..
- [+14, -1] Every group has its resident thug
- [+7, -0] Please act your age! Aren’t you embarrassed in front of your juniors!
- [+5, -0] He must’ve paid them to drop the charges ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
- [+5, -0] Aigoo, how embarrassing at his age
- [+3, -0] He should’ve gone to YG. They would’ve buried it cleanly for him ㅋㅋ
- [+3, -0] Hyung..it’s gonna be hard for you to get married ㅋ
- [+2, -0] No matter the judgment…he better retire from the entertainment industry!